“NRCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.”
We’re looking for people with a passion for making a difference in families with socioeconomic challenges, with ability to understand and appreciate families’ cultural, economic, and social background.
- Social work and related fields
- Child Development
- Employment is contingent on successful completion of criminal, child abuse/neglect search, and driving record checks and drug test and employment physical.
- A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to employment with New River Community Action. The nature of the conviction, the date of the conviction, and the relationship of the conviction to the job sought, as well as other objective legitimate factors, will all be considered.
- For positions which may require driving, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- All hires must undergo pre-employment drug test. All employees are subject to random drug testing throughout employment.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired but not required. Additional compensation for proven Bilingual skills.
- Listed starting wage depends upon qualifications (educational & related experience)
Send your resume, application and cover letter to:
New River Community Action
Attn: Human Resource Manager
1093 East Main Street
Radford, VA 24141
HR: (540) 633-5133 ext. 454
Fax: (540) 633-2585
or send by e-mail: email@example.com
Click on link to download/view:
- NRCA Employee Benefits Summary 2017
- Download in PDF: application-for-nrca-employment
- Download in Word: application-for-nrca-employment
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender. EOE/AA
Accepting applications for the following position vacancies:
Separate application/resume required for each position and indicate which position for which applying.
SUBSTITUTE COMMUNITY SERVICE WORKER
Giles Emergency Assistance office.
Job Description | PDF
Determines eligibility for emergency services (food, shelter, utility assistance, etc.); accesses emergency assistance resources; staff support for seasonal activities; supervises volunteers; liaison with other area agencies, and performs basic office tasks.
High School Diploma required. Must be 18 or over.
Work hours are on call, as needed basis.
Wage: $11.99/hr. Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Possession of valid driver’s license and good driving record required. NRCA conducts pre-employment criminal background, driving record checks and drug testing.
Apply at or send resume to NRCA, 1093 East Main Street, Radford, VA 24141; Fax: (540) 633-2585; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted on ongoing basis.
Children’s Health Improvement Partnership (CHIP) of New River Valley
Location: New River Valley
Job Description| PDF
Full-time position, Monday through Friday daytime hours (no holidays or on-call)
Duties include case management services; health focused home visits to pregnant women and families with children birth to 6 years enrolled in CHIP. Completes health assessments, case management of chronic illnesses & pregnant women, promotion of well child care, and performance of developmental and health screenings. Ability to work effectively with clients of multi-cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Requirements: Current VA nursing license with pediatric experience. Community health experience preferred. Valid driver’s license/good driving record.
Starting salary range: $35,088-$41,897 (depending upon qualifications), plus benefits.
NRCA conducts pre-employment criminal background and driving record checks, drug testing and an employment physical.
Apply at or send resume to NRCA, 1093 East Main St, Radford, VA 24141; Fax: (540) 633-2585; e-mail: email@example.com.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Substitutes (On-call, as needed basis)
Substitute job description|PDF
New River Community Action Head Start is currently accepting applications for substitute positions throughout the New River Valley.
Responsible for assisting classroom staff in carrying out daily curriculum, supervision of children, meal preparation, cleaning duties, etc.
Requires a minimum of High School diploma or GED. TB test and criminal record checks are required for all positions.
These positions are an on call, as needed basis with no guarantee of hours.
$8.52/hr. Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Apply at or send resume to NRCA, 1093 East Main Street, Radford, VA 24141; Fax: (540) 633-2585; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.