“NRCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.”
We’re looking for people with a passion for making a difference in families with socioeconomic challenges, with ability to understand and appreciate families’ cultural, economic, and social background.
- Social work and related fields
- Child Development
- Employment is contingent on successful completion of a criminal, child abuse/neglect search, and driving record checks and drug test and employment physical. Fingerprinting is also required for all Head Start employees.
- A criminal conviction will not necessarily be a bar to employment with New River Community Action. The nature of the conviction, the date of the conviction, and the relationship of the conviction to the job sought, as well as other objective legitimate factors, will all be considered.
- For positions which may require driving, applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- All hires must undergo a pre-employment drug test. All employees are subject to random drug testing throughout employment.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) desired but not required. Additional compensation for proven Bilingual skills.
- Listed starting wage depends upon qualifications (educational & related experience)
Send your resume, application and cover letter to:
New River Community Action
Attn: Human Resource Manager
1093 East Main Street
Radford, VA 24141
HR: (540) 633-5133 ext. 454
Fax: (540) 301-5865
or send by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on link to download/view:
- NRCA Employee Benefits Summary for 2018
- Download in PDF: application-for-nrca-employment
- Download in Word: application-for-nrca-employment
Note: You must download the application, complete and save before you email. It is not an online application process.
You may also view/download federal and Virginia Labor Laws: Labor Law Notices -VA and Federal 2017
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender. EOE/AA
Accepting applications for the following position vacancies:
Separate application/resume required for each position and indicate which position for which applying.
Floyd Head Start-Check Elementary School
PDF|Assistant Teacher job description
Assists in daily planning for and preparation of the learning environment and supervising up to 18 three-year-old to five-year-old children.
Requirements: Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Development or related field. Experience working in a state-licensed preschool or Head Start program preferred.
Full Time; 40 hrs/wk. Academic calendar (August through early June).
Starting wage: $10.46 – $12.49 per hour, depending upon qualifications, plus benefits. Eligible to apply for summer unemployment benefits for additional income.
Additional compensation provided for being Bilingual (Spanish/English). Possession of valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
NRCA conducts pre-employment criminal background checks, child abuse and neglect backgrounds, fingerprints, a driving record check and drug testing. Physical and TB test are required.
Apply at or send resume and a copy of transcripts to NRCA, 1093 East Main Street, Radford, VA 24141; Fax: (540) 633-2585; E-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline: December 13, 2017, 5:00 PM or until the position is filled.
RAPID REHOUSING COUNSELOR
PDF| Housing Counselor job description
Responsible for housing counseling for low -income people in NRV who are or may become homeless and support services to find and maintain permanent housing.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a related field plus one year of related experience
An Associate’s Degree in Human Services or a related field plus four years related experience
Housing Counselor certification is required, and training will be provided.
Full-time, 40 hours per week, starting wage: $14.08 – $16.74/hr (depending upon qualifications) plus benefits. Additional compensation for being Bilingual (Spanish/English).
Application deadline: December 8, 2017, 5 PM or until the position is filled.
Substitutes (On-call, as needed basis)
Head Start Substitute job description
New River Community Action Head Start is currently accepting applications for substitute positions throughout the New River Valley.
Responsible for assisting classroom staff in carrying out daily curriculum, supervision of children, meal preparation and pickup, cleaning duties, etc.
Requires a minimum of High School diploma or GED. TB test, employment physical, criminal record checks (including fingerprints), and a Child Abuse and Neglect background check are required.
These positions are an on-call, as needed basis with no guarantee of hours.
$8.61/hr. Additional compensation for Bilingual (Spanish/English)