Donate

The Interfaith Food Pantry (IFP) relies on the generosity of the community to serve its clients. The IFP is an all-volunteer organization. As a program of New River Community Action, 8% of cash donations are used to support the administrative services provided to IFP. The remaining 92% of cash donations and 100% of all food donations are used to meet the needs of our clients. As a program of New River Community Action, Inc., your donations are tax deductible.

Monetary donations can be made in several ways:

  1. Credit card donations:
    Credit Card donations can be made online through the New River Community Action Website. Click on the button to make an online donation. Please designate your contribution to the Interfaith Food Pantry, Blacksburg, VA. 
    Credit Card Donation
  2.  

  3. Donations by check:
    New River Community Action
    1093 East Main Street
    Radford, Virginia 24141

    Checks may be made payable to New River Community Action. Please print out and include the Cash Donation Form with your check. Please designate your contribution to the Interfaith Food Pantry, Blacksburg, VA. 
    Cash Donation Form

  4.  

  5. Through your church:
    Many of our supporting churches have designated accounts for accepting donations to the Interfaith Food Pantry. Please contact your local church for information concerning designated donations for the Interfaith Food Pantry. For a list of supporting churches, see Volunteer page.

Food Donations:

Each day, we receive donations of food through individuals and various organizations and food drives. The following is a list of the food items that we distribute to our clients. Food donations can be delivered to our 706 Harding Avenue, Blacksburg location from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. on Mondays and 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday through Friday.

  • Canned Vegetables
  • Canned Fruit
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • Spaghetti Noodles
  • Cereal
  • Sugar (2 lb. bags)
  • Peanut Butter
  • Jelly
  • Canned Soup
  • Macaroni & Cheese
  • Tuna
  • Canned Meat
  • Tea
  • Coffee
  • Jello
  • Bagged Rice
  • Dried Beans
  • Hamburger Helper
  • Other Boxed Goods
  • Bar Soap

Monetary donations are used to purchase the items listed above, as well as eggs, cheese, milk, meats, fruit juice, bread and potatoes.

As a member of Feeding America, Inc., we receive daily donations of breads, deli, unsold meat and bakery items from Kroger, produce from Food Lion and excess food from Pizza Hut, Chipotle, and Starbucks.